Monday, February 9, 2015

HOT WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Kota Ibushi

Continuing on with our Hot Wrestler of the Week posts! This week I'm venturing into territory that is still new to me, New Japan Pro Wrestling. As I've mentioned, I've been a wrestling fan since I was a kid. But I never really paid attention to what was going on in Japan, first because I was clueless. Then because I was a typical lazy American and didn't want to put forth the effort to discover Japanese wrestling and listen to Japanese commentary. But NJPW is gaining popularity in the American wrestling audience so I gave it a go. And I love it! The athleticism and story telling in their matches are amazing. Their wrestlers are so talented that I don't even care that I can't understand the commentary. One of my favorites is Kota Ibushi. He's pretty. And he's super talented. And he's pretty.




STATS
From: Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan
Age: 32
Promotion: NJPW & DDT
Height: 5'11
Weight: 190

Since I'm still learning about NJPW and Ibushi, this post will be mostly pictures.  But you don't mind, right?


I do know that Ibushi has been a Junior Heavyweight Champion on multiple occasions, both as a tag team and a singles competitor.

How is it possible to be this adorable after wrestling a match?

Kota Ibushhi has some moves that make my heart jump into my throat when I'm watching him wrestle.



Standing Shooting Star Press into a Moonsault

Corkscrew 450 Splash

This guy has NO fear.

But he's also strong and has moved up into the Heavyweight division.
The first match I ever saw of his was versus Shinsuke Nakamura for the Intercontinental Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 9. Ibushi lost, but it was by far my favorite match of the program. 
 I bet there are more championships in his future. In the meantime, he can go on being amazing and looking gorgeous while doing it.


Move over Old Spice Guy, Kota Ibushi is on a white horse.

Hmmm... which Ibushi do I like better? Beach Ibushi?

Or Bubbles Ibushi?

Kidding, Bare Bum Ibushi is my fave.


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to figure out what's happening in these two matches. 

Professional Wrestling, ladies and gentlemen. 











Visit New Japan Pro Wrestling for more on Kota Ibushi and others. Thank you to creators of pictures and gifs. None of the images used are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment