Tuesday, January 6, 2015

WWE House Show Pictures


I went to a WWE house show this past Saturday. What is a house show you ask? A house show is a non-televised event put on by a wrestling company. These are normally a lot of fun. The wrestlers are more relaxed because they aren't bound by the things that have to be done for the TV show. They interact with the crowd, do silly moves in the ring and just all around have a good time. The crowds are also smaller, so you normally get to sit closer and it feels much more intimate. I enjoy going to them. I had a great time at this Saturday's show. My favorite part was a small silly thing. Referee Charles Robinson (you'll see a pic of him below) was counting out someone who'd been knocked out of the ring. In professional wrestling, you have until 10 to get back in or you'll be disqualified. And as he counted, he looked to this little kid to make sure he was staying on track. He didn't move on to the next number until the kid held up the next finger. It was adorable. I let him know I thought it was cute on Twitter, and he was kind enough to respond.  (I may have fangirled for a moment that he tweeted me.)

Here are some of my pics from the show.

From left to right, Cameron, Sasha Banks, and Summer Rae. They're yelling at super fan, WWE Sign Guy.





Naomi, Emma, and Alicia Fox going for a triple baseball slide right onto their opponents.
Cesaro. He's cheering for himself after doing something dastardly.
Cesaro, with a sleeper hold on Jack Swagger


I'm the cheapo who sneaks Crunch 'N Munch into the arena. Habits learned from my parents stick with me!

Darren Young. He's an Out and Proud gay wrestler. He's also just returning from ACL surgery. I admire the hell out of him!

Tyson Kidd. He's a bad guy, but he's amazing to watch in the ring. He returned last year from a severe knee injury.
Here's Kidd putting Sin Cara in the Sharp Shooter.


I got to take a pic with referee Charles Robinson! He's a crowd favorite for his groovy hair and hilarious reactions in the ring.

Roman Reigns! He's a current fan favorite.
Roman after his signature ring apron drop kick.

He did take a beating from the Bulgarian Brute, Rusev.

But somehow managed to look cool even when 'on the ropes'.
Twin brothers, Jimmy & Jey Uso making fun of The Miz. But not his stunt double, Mizdow. They liked him.





No comments:

Post a Comment